After retirement, many people over 60 enjoy travelling domestically and abroad, strengthening family bonds. However, some may need help with travel emergencies, climate changes, and expensive foreign medical care. To avoid such issues, it’s wise to invest in senior citizen travel insurance, specially designed to cover medical expenses, lost luggage, and trip cancellations, ensuring a worry-free journey. As far as costs go, you can make use of a travel insurance premium calculator to check on the amount of premium that you would need to pay.
What Advantages Does Senior Citizen Travel Insurance Offer?
- Costs Of Medical Treatment May Be Covered – Imagine paying high costs for an unexpected illness. That would completely mess up the itinerary and the budget for the trip. Seniors who lack the financial means cannot afford treatment abroad.
- Coverage In Foreign Currency – A significant aspect of travel insurance for senior citizens is that it’s paid in Indian rupees but covers expenses in foreign currency, which is especially beneficial due to rupee value fluctuations. It’s a valuable resource for elderly family members.
- Face The Emergency – Many seniors have pre-existing conditions that can worsen during travel, and some may struggle with the journey’s demands. Travel insurance provides them with confidence during emergencies.
- International Assistance – Imagine the stress for someone over 60 if their luggage is lost abroad or they are injured in a foreign country. Comprehensive travel insurance is undoubtedly a valuable solution in such situations.
What Is Covered By Senior Travel Insurance?
Here is what senior citizen travel insurance covers:
- The price of medical care, including the cost of an emergency medical evacuation.
- Costs associated with returning remains
- Delayed or misplaced checked baggage
- Loss of a passport and other documents necessary for travel
- Personal liability and accident insurance
- Allowance for hijacking in distress
- Costs associated with a missed connection flight and a delayed trip
- Emergency cash loans if your personal belongings are stolen
- Loss brought on by trip interruption and cancellation *
What Typical Exclusions Are Included In A Senior Travel Insurance Policy?
Here are a few typical policy exclusions for senior travel insurance:
- If a pre-existing medical condition is not life-threatening, it may not be covered.
- The expenses related to mental illness, venereal diseases, self-inflicted wounds, anxiety, stress, drug and alcohol abuse, depression, and suicide may not be reimbursed.
- The costs incurred may not be reimbursed if the senior travels against the advice of a physician and if the insured is on a waiting list or receiving a specific medical treatment.
- A senior citizen travel insurance programme may not provide coverage if the insured has been given a terminal prognosis for a specific medical condition and is travelling to another country for treatment.
- Your policy won’t cover the risks associated with travel to a nation where nuclear or war threats exist.
- Theft or loss of unattended baggage, a lost passport, or failure to report a loss to the police may not be compensated. Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the travel insurance policy.
Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.